Sunday, September 6, 2015

The miracle of song


Okay, let's just skip over what I said yesterday, shall we? 
I am in serious need of a little, "Once Upon A Time" folks ~Ha!"

I was at a pretty low point yesterday,( In case it wasn't obvious), as if everything in me had been depleted and drained. I believe going deaf, that lack of stimulation, that lack of response, is mostly to blame for my sudden onset of the blues. Either that or I need a horse or to go to Italy~ Ha! 
A great deal of my life as a child had been about singing. My cousins and I often put on skits for the family reunions and sang our hearts out while everyone else plugged their ears~heh~ 
So, I sang yesterday. I didn't feel like singing, in fact, it was the last thing I wanted to do. But, it always takes me back to a time in which I felt free and quite bold. By the third song, and then something that resembled singing but it was really me attempting to do Barbara Streisand, I begin to feel myself fill up again.  
It was a wonderful feeling and it should be repeated often!

In fact, I am just about to put on, "All My Life" with Karla Bonoff, and I am going to sing over the top of her lovely voice with my awful screeching and feel as free as possible~ The rest of you please feel free to plug your ears! Ha!

Be back soon, I promise!


No comments:

Post a Comment