Tuesday, April 14, 2015

             
                                              
                       BLUE EYED BILL
     B MOVIE WONDER!    BUFF N BRAIN!






Every time I look at him my heart stops for a brief moment, then restarts again, charging like a racehorse in large "thumpity thumps" as, I am torn between the blue eyes and the chiseled body, he has worked so hard to achieve!

 He can be both devilishly frightening and soft as a lamb all in the same moment. The kind of man that could make me shiver and shake as his fingertips made their way down my spine to the small of my back. 
I only just discovered this mega talent recently, as I must admit I am not a fan of bloody gore or B movies, but, Bill Oberst Jr.  really may not belong in either. 
I am not here to give you a list of every B movie he has made in the last five years, but, he has certainly achieved a world's record of impressive creepy roles. His IMDB page looks like a monument of hard work with glittery star material just oozing out all over. 






I can't remember the last time I was so excited about an actor.
What is it about this man? Could it be incredible dedication, his warm and genuine heart of gold, His willingness to expose his raw and wounded side, or the "me" I see inside of him? 
 One thing for sure, from the very moment Bill opens his mouth, we all listen, so, It is no wonder he has impressed us all with his life changing videos,  on the "Film Courage"series, which not only helps the aspiring actor, but, the "dumbfounded" and "in love" aspiring writer, like me. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34vGGavvO2o

It is so refreshing to hear about an actor who is not all caught up in the Hollywood glitter and parties, and still loves his mama with all his heart.  He may be "the man about town" but, you will often find him in character and costume, challenging us to push just a little harder to achieve are own goals.

I had all but given up, the weeks before I met Bill. My life was at an all time low with my hearing reaching eighty five percent loss, and my age kicking me in the rear without as much as an apology note.  What am I going to do as an "over the hill"  sassy and stubborn, deaf woman?! Who does anything grand at fifty?!
 Well, Bill does ( He will be fifty this year--hard to believe!) ,  and he does it with wit, pride, and tremendous style!

He has encouraged me to not give up hope, as he has so many others.  With his words and actions we are all encouraged to reach deep inside and find what makes us all different and how we can offer that to the world!   






           

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3231390/
               




Here is the link to Bill's inspiring website which takes you on a tour of diabolical fun, and yummy bites of fear!  
                         
                       Enter if you dare!

          http://www.billoberst.com/anatomy-of-fear/

And more! Updated 2017 and 2018! New projects!!!
http://mydevotionalthoughts.net/2017/02/interview-with-actor-bill-oberst-jr.html

https://www.billoberst.com/tag/ray-bradbury/

http://horrornews.net/131099/bill-oberst-jr-portrays-ray-bradbury-new-off-broadway-production/


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWK7yrHTVGs                 

3 comments:

  1. Dear Betsy,

    I must thank you from the bottom of my (cinematically) creepy little heart for this generous post. Your comments about age make me think of Harland Sanders, who opened his first franchise restaurant and was reborn as "Colonel Sanders" at 62, of Anna Moses, who picked up a paintbrush and was reborn as "Grandma Moses" at 78, or, indeed, of my paternal grandma, who gave up cigarettes and alcohol for the love of her grandchildren and was reborn as the most unlikely Presbyterian Sunday School teacher the world has yet known.

    Here's to rebirth; to resurrection; to things made new.

    gratefully,
    Bill

    Bill Oberst Jr.
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2454994/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill,

    Thank goodness! I am so glad you approve! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking the time to make this very sweet comment!!

    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betsy, I agree with everything thing you have said. Onscreen, this guy will chill you to the bone. Offscreen he's incredibly kind & generous. He's definitely one of a kind.

    ReplyDelete